Wednesday, June 12, 2013

First Stop

Our first day was relatively uneventful having traveled approximately 360 miles from home to Holt, Florida.  I decided to start back driving the motorhome again but only drove it about 75 miles.  As many of you know, Monet sits on my lap most of the time while Van is driving.  So when I got behind the wheel, and while Van decided to go potty, Monet jumped onto my lap.  I, of course, panicked and moved Monet over to the side which made Monet panic.  Monet scrambled under the steering wheel, getting stuck, all the while I'm screaming for Van to come get Monet.  I had traffic all around me and trying to get the steering wheel to lift away from Monet's head.  I couldn't decide fast enough to either chance wrecking or strangling Monet under the steering all the while Van is in the potty being tossed left and right.  We stopped at River's Edge Campground in Holt, Florida which is approximately 40 miles east of Pensacola.  It's a Passport America campground only costing us $14.50.  What a deal!  Will talk to everyone soon. 
Back in the saddle again!

No comments:

Post a Comment